Wednesday 23 December 2009

Facebook

Well the old fart has joined Facebook!

I know what you are thinking, Simon we thought you had a brain!

Well obviously not, but to be honest it is grand to communicate with my kids and their friends, even if I don't understand what they are talking about most of the time.

It will be amusing for me when they visit this blog, where we discuss issues of a Global nature!

I can see it now! Dad why are you so boring!

No matter, the little tinkers will understand when they are a bit older.

I guess the truth is that young people need to express happy feelings with their friends and should not be concerned with the worries of life, that will come soon enough.

One of the reasons I write this blog is to leave a legacy to my kids about my personal thoughts as a man of advancing years, who has made many mistakes in his life, but believes he can still offer a modicum of wisdom to his offspring.

The greatest achievement a person can aspire to, is to love their children.

All else in this World is incidental.

Happy Christmas people!

5 comments:

  1. This blog seems to have a fresh, honest approach to every day thoughts by a father who loves his children. Blogging for dialogues also makes a change for communication. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sentiments, Simon. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry CHristmas Simon!
    It's turned wet down here(but not cold)
    Tail of a Cyclone that hit WA a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Simon, hope you've been having a good one oop t'north without too much snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! I also am on facebook:) Thankfully, no ghosts from my past have popped up. I think you will enjoy the site and you will make many new friends I am sure!

    ReplyDelete